- Send email to one of the Social Hour Czars or to cse-gsa@eng to schedule a day. Or edit this page.
- Think of a theme or use one of the ideas from this page.
Step 2: Purchase
- Use the $XXX food budget to buy snacks and items related to your theme. John and Dimo will cover beer.
- This year we are trying Von's delivery service! Be sure to place your order in plenty of time to schedule a delivery.
- Make sure to get enough food for everyone in the department to have something.
- There are several vegetarians / vegans in the department. Make sure there is something fun for them too.
- Purchase the required cups/plates/forks/spoons/chopsticks/... (Emergency extras are in Chez Bob)
- If you need to go over budget, talk to the czars. With proper justification, there are typically resources available.
- Keep all of your receipts! The department needs receipts to reimburse you.
- You cannot get reimbursed for alcohol.
Step 3: Advertise
- On the morning of your Social Hour, send an email to csepeople.
- To generate extra excitement or have people come prepared feel free to email earlier in the week!
Step 4: Social Hour
- Set up the tables and anything else needed on the 4th floor. Enlist friends and social hour Czars to help. If you need another room like 1202, please let cse-gsa know at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Set up your event and place food by 4:00 pm.
- Take attendance: Bring a computer for everyone to sign in on.
- After the event, cleanup. Essentially just undo the setup.
- Optional: Take lots of pictures of everyone there. Send a tarball of the pictures to Social Hour Czars.
Step 5: Reimbursement
- Put your receipts in an envelope.
- Put "Social Hour Reimbursement DATE" on the envelope where DATE is the date is the date of the Social Hour you hosted.
- Put your name on the envelope.
- Place the envelope in Jane Storck's mailbox (in the faculty/staff mailroom). Include a printout of the social hour attendees or email it to Jane.
HOWTO: Setup Social Hour
The Czars will take the lead on setup, but if you can help out, that would be great.
- Move couches and coffee table to edges of room.
- Move 3 or more tables from the reading room out into the open area.
- The Czars will have the other beverages in a cooler. Make sure the money box is out.